Friday, August 1, 2008

Where have I been?

I'm so sorry, but life has been taking over my life.

The happy news - the boy has been released from the doctor and physical therapy. His arm is at 99.9% of what it was before the break. Happy, happy day!

Also, both kids went to the dentist yesterday and neither had cavaties.

And, I got my whole house cleaned the other day.

And, I get 4 hours alone today when I get my hair did. I'm going to a new gal, the mom of Sarah's best friend. She is really fun, so I'm looking forward to spending some time with her. I got a great sitter for the kids, too. The daughter of a good friend who knows how to raise her kids right.

Today, most of life is sa-weet.

The down side is that we found out a couple of days ago that Chuck's brother's cancer is back. This time it's in his brain. Seven spots, all over the place. He was diagnosed with lung cancer about 8 months ago, and after chemo and surgery, was recovering well. Since this new episode is so close in time to the first, the doctors know that the spots are malignant cancer. He started an intense, 10-day chemo treatment yesterday, then will wait 4-6 weeks to see what the next treatment should be.

This is so not good. Fred is only 40 years old. He has 3 kids, a wife, and a great career. He's never smoked and exercised DAILY. He was in the best shape of anyone I know. This disease is such a random thing for him, which is scary.

Now Chuck and I each have 2 immediate family members who have had cancer. 2 of those died from the cancer, one beat it, and one is going through it. It's a true miracle that we aren't one of those 4.

So, if you are the praying type, please send up a few for Fred. If you aren't the praying type, send some good thoughts his way. He needs all the help he can get.

No comments: